HSU80

A place on the web where members from the Hardin Simmmons University class of 1980 can post their stories and pictures. Members, click on the Orange Blogger icon to login and click the "+" to post. Don't forget to click "Publish". You can email Mark Fowler (see contributors) if you need a password.

Sunday, September 25, 2005

Ginger Tucker (La Grone)

Dear Mark and Kayla,
Thank you for your efforts to locate and communicate with the class of 1980. Your pictures are wonderful on the blog. Your daughter is as beautiful as I remember you being, Kayla. I have taken on a new role as the Executive Director of Curriculum and Professional Development at Canyon ISD, which is more time consuming than I anticipated, in addition to my school training business. So, I am unable to attend the homecoming celebrations.
But your notice has caused me to reflect on the cherished memories I have of HSU. I am so grateful for the opportunities that my time at HSU have given me. With my HSU degree I was able to return to my hometown as a teacher and to work on a master's degree. That opened a door of opportunities that I could never have dreamed. God has blessed me beyond measure, in spite of my stumbling and bumbling along the way. When I think back to the people who touched my life during those times, I am always thankful for Charlene Archer who was the HSU registrar for many years. I worked in her office during all my years there. Her encouragement and support allow many young people to pass through that office, working and earning degrees. I included a piece about her and my experience at HSU in one of my books. And, without the great teaching and encouragement of Dr. Robert Fink, I would have never written a page. Our closest friends at HSU were Sam Buddin (who has gone to be with the Lord) and Kathy Farmer Dent. Kathy (another homecoming queen) and her husband served as missionaries and now direct a Baptist campground.
My two children, Amy and Chuck, who were 4 and 6 when we came to HSU, are now wonderful adults who serve the Lord and who have given me 6 beautiful grandchildren. (Pictures below.) Sadly, they neither chose HSU; Chuck went to that little school near Bryan... and has a degree from Texas A&M and Amy is finishing hers at West Texas A&M.
[FYI: Doug Hooker and I divorced 4 months after graduating from HSU in 1980. He had served as the college minister at FBC while we were there. He now lives in Corpus Christi and has a guide boat business. I will forward the homecoming information to him.]
Sorry...I'm not a good "blogger"...

Thanks and God Bless,
Ginger

3536 Marsh Place
Amarillo, Texas 79121
806-353-6422
you may visit my website at http://www.gingertucker.com/

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home